E-M:/ GreedScreen

Enviro-Mich message from "green screen" <greenscreen1776@hotmail.com>

MEC - UNITED VOICE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNITY SPEAKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES
OF ITS MOUTH

Water Quality Monitoring - Bond or General Fund?

FACT: The legislation that placed the Clean Michigan Initiative Bond before
the voters stated that the DEQ's water quality monitoring program should be
the FIRST PRIORITY of the Clean Water Fund.I ENCOURAGE ALL TO LOOK AT THE
LEGISLATION. Regardless of where you think monitoring $$ should come from -
it is clear what the enabling legislation stated.

Therefore, it is disingenious of Mr. James Clift and MEC to try to spin
their current money grab efforts as trying to align appropriations with what
"the voters envisioned". If MEC did not want to spend bond money on
monitoring they had an obligation to remove this language from the bill
before it went to the voters.

They did not - in fact, they took credit in their press release and on their
website for having the $90 million Clean Water Fund added.  Ironically, they
mentioned the monitoring $$$ specifically as a  "needed improvement" on
thier website when it was passed.  They have now removed the information
from their website to try to erase the evidence and their conscious.I
printed it off - saw this coming. I will post it on my forthcoming
greenscreen website.

Heads Up: MEC will say that the $$$ for monitoring was not added at their
request, but as part of a "deal" to get their other agenda items in the
bond.  I guess that makes them deal breakers.